9 May 2010
Being born on Mother's Day has its benefits when your Mom decides to visit. Eric threw me a surprise birthday the night they drove in town and we spoke in church on Sunday, so it ended up being a full weekend of fun. The best part was everyone sitting around the table on Sunday to eat lunch and talk to Rique and Robert on the phone from their missions.
A new ottoman for our cute red chair. How my parents got that on the airplane? Not quite sure.
The family flew in to SLC then drove up to Idaho Falls. Unfortunately, they took the long route to Boise first. Well, they didn't get all the way to Boise before they realized it was the wrong highway. Ramsey didn't even drive, but he didn't last long.The family came to the station to check out KIFI Local News 8. Naturals.
Everyone thought it was pretty funny that I wear boots to attach my mic and IFB packs. Red star cowboy boots are totally Idaho Falls classy.Mom and I making Mother's Day lunch.
Probably the most memorable moment of the weekend was when my mom pulled out an antique American flag from her suitcase, Ramsey pulled out his bow tie and they asked me to get out my camera. We headed to the hills of Idaho Falls with our red leather chair, Eric's makeshift flag suspension system and we had Ramsey's senior picture photo shoot.
Ramsey is clearly a handsome fellow and I have hundreds of shots of him looking like the next Presidential candidate, but everyone seemed to enjoy the other moments as well, especially the intense set design crew that had to run flags and arm chairs to and from the side of the road to get the perfect shots.















I am having so much fun catching up on your life, pictures, family, fun!!! I miss you Darien! I want to make it to Idaho. I don't know how and when...But I want to come visit! You are beautiful. Lots of love to you and Eric. :)
ReplyDeleteAmy, we love you! We would love for you to come visit Idaho! If not, we need to plan to get together if we ever make it back to Phoenix in the near future. We seem to always meet in the middle these days since the kids are in Provo. And the blog updates are for my mom and you, since no one else will appreciate them. :) My goal is to update our first year of marriage this month and get it printed into a book. Then I can say we have scrapbooked! (I'm not as clever with the cutesy cut outs.) Love you long time friend!
ReplyDeleteThis pictures are awesome!
ReplyDelete